Thursday, September 19, 2013

A good record.

Look! Another post! I am so proud of myself! :)

First and foremost, I wanted to post a few more pictures of Odessa. It really did have charm at times. I just had a really bad attitude about the weather and of course my foot. So please don't hate Odessa just because I did. Here they are:






 I saw tons of homeless animals for some reason. Idk why.




 This was called the "love bridge". People just go and write their names on a lock and lock it somewhere on the bridge. It was pretty cool.
 and at the end of the bridge they had this huge heart full of locks as well.

 This is called the witch's house or something like that. 



 I straight up felt like I was in a Pixar movie. There were just a bunch of old men playing chess and dominos in the park when we walked by. It was awesome.
 Odessa train station.

So, yeah. Odessa. Still not my favorite place but it was definitely an adventure. So it was worth it I guess..

In other news, yesterday I went to the doctor again for my foot. I have been 2 times now. The first one was a little sketchy and done completely under the table No receipt or anything. Haha. The next one was much nicer! I guess the church has donated a bunch of money to it and so as soon as you walk in and look behind the receptionist's desk, there are totally church paints hanging up. Proof:

I found it funny. Anyways, here is what I have to keep my foot wrapped in all day and all night. I put some special gel on it during the day and during the night some sort of special liquid mixture. Not really sure what they are but I don't really care as long as they're healing my foot!



I am so happy to write that teaching is going so much better! I am so grateful! Today I played Bingo with 3 of the classes I visited and it was a hit. They were obsessed. The winner got one of those little rubber popper things that you turn inside out and wait for it to pop and then fly in the air. They all wanted one so bad so they really payed close attention to the lesson. It was grateful. I am going to play it with 4 more classes again tomorrow. It should be good. 

Tonight I went to institute with 3 others and then we headed to my favorite place in town to take more pictures. I will probably end up having like 100 there by the time this semester is over.



So as my host mom and I were going home from the doctor's office (she is seriously the very best. Taking such good care of me) we had to go through the sketchiest tunnel ever. Haha. I had to snap some pics. This was in the middle of the day and check out how dark it was underneath.. 



Last random side note: a kid in the school I teach at has the shoes below. My little kids WILL be rocking these some day...


I think that's all for now. Please feel free to ask questions so I don't blog about the same things over and over. I know I am leaving out some detail but I just don't know what my readers want to know about! So please, ask away!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, Jerem . . . if your foot doesn't heal pretty soon, go to the American Embassy and find out which doctor they go to! I'm serious. That screw you stepped on looks wicked and so does your foot. *In Slovakia you would have come out of the doctor's office with crutches or a cane. What gives in Ukraine? ;)

    ReplyDelete